Game news Phasmophobia Anniversary Update Revealed, Kinetic Games Talks About The Future
If it is more discreet in the news, Phasmophobia, the paranormal investigation game, continues its development. The title is now celebrating its first anniversary, the opportunity for Kinetic Games to release a new update.
Phasmophobia has received many updates over the past twelve months. They refined the technique, the stability of the game and improved the management of matchmaking, but also allowed the introduction of new items, a new map, and of course new ghosts. In the latest update, the developers introduced a redesign of the newspaper, for ease of use. Thus, it is now possible to cross out the evidence on the dedicated page, to access the pause menu and to modify the game parameters from the log. It may seem light, but it should greatly fluidify the games.
It has been an amazing year for Kinetic Games and Phasmophobia and I want to thank everyone for their incredible support. Today, Phasmophobia is one of the top rated games on Steam, which is amazing and something I never imagined to happen. (…) To celebrate the anniversary, we have implemented an anniversary update thanks to which you can party in the main menu area (…)
Another interesting addition, the ability to launch the game solo without being automatically connected to a server. What to avoid any problem of connection, and to benefit from the title. More marginal but nevertheless practical, the addition of new fonts to fill in the gaps in certain languages. For the rest, here is what Kinetic offers us:
- The VR mute button has been replaced with the pause button on all controllers. Your controller will vibrate when muted.
- You will no longer get $ 10 in the event of a contract failure and instead benefit from insurance depending on the difficulty chosen.
- If you fail on a contract, now you will know what type the ghost was.
- Ghost Orbs will now periodically change position in the Ghost Room.
- You can no longer see the ghost of the DOTS projector if you are dead.
- Fixed a memory leak on the main menu when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug where you could put your head inside something so the ghost wouldn’t see you.
- Fixed several safe places where you could stand on something, and the ghost couldn’t get to you.
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the temperature rarely dropped in the attic.
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the effects of hunting gear would not always work in the attic.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost whisper sound remained active on the parabolic microphone.
Kinetic Games also announces that work on the game will not end anytime soon and further updates are planned for the coming months. While browsing the development Trello, we find in things to come new in-game events, a revision of those already integrated, hallucinations, new death rooms, new death animations, audio revision and the addition of new sounds.
Obviously, we are still waiting to new types of clues, one or more new ghosts, new hunting gear and one or more new maps. Finally, an event is, like last year, planned for celebrate halloween. At this time, it is unclear whether this will just be decorations in the main menu area or if something is planned during the games.